We would like to wish everyone a wonderful and joyful Christmas. Thank you for following us in 2019. Please be safe over the holidays. Spend time with loved ones and do not forget those who may be lonely this Christmas. Be Kind, Be Loving, Be Thankful and most of all, Be your Best Physically, Mentally and Emotionally.
Be your best over the holidays
The team at art of personal development.
These guys are really amazing inspirational leaders, and two of my virtual mentors. Virtual mentors are those we follow on social media, read their books, blogs, articles, attend their seminars and watch their videos, webcasts and TED talks, and one day hope to meet in person.
It is fundamentally important to your personal development that you find your virtual mentors and do what they do, say what they say and act like they act. If you want to be the best at anything follow those that are already the best at what they do.
Be your Best Mentally
In today’s modern world, especially in our Western culture, we are swamped with daily life. We are all very busy, and more often than not, we do not have the time to devote ourselves to self-improvement. I have compiled a list of some things I do that help me reach my full potential and have made me a more professional person. The average Australian spends about two and a half hours watching television per day. If you spent just fifteen minutes per day on each of the below activities, this would equate to the exact same time. I know what I would rather be doing?
- Improve your health with some exercise– There are many ways to achieve fitness, but one of them is through High-Intensity Interval Training (HIIT). The idea of HIIT is to go as hard and as fast as you can, raising your heart rate to about 80% of your maximum heart rate for 15 minutes. It does not matter how you achieve this. You can do HIIT on any piece of cardio equipment, outdoors or with a HIIT class indoors or out. The important thing is to raise your heart rate. The benefits of HIIT include,
- Improve your circulation
- Increase your Cardiovascular system (Heart)
- Aid in fat loss
- Add some lean muscle to your body,
However this must be done on a regular basis.
- Learn to touch type- There are many websites on the internet that offer touch typing course. The one I like the best is @ http://www.typing.com has free courses and can teach you how to touch type very quickly. I have been doing the tests for 15 minutes per day, and this has improved my skills at touch typing. The features on this website are great. There are lessons and tests with results so you can see your improvements. The more you practise, the faster and more accurate you will become and the best thing is it is fun and easy to use
- Learn a new language– On your smart phone you can download many free language applications. One of the best language applications is called Duolingo, and it is free to use. It takes between 5-10 minutes to complete each lesson. You can learn to speak, write and learn grammar from over 35 different languages including English. Practice for 15 minutes per day and you will be speaking a new language in no time at all.
- Sudoku or Crossword puzzles– Playing puzzles can be fun, challenging, and frustrating. But they are extremely rewarding when you figured them out and complete them. You may not solve the puzzle in fifteen minutes, however, do try to work on a puzzle for about 15 minutes each day. According to James Pickett, head of research at the UK’s Alzheimer’s Society, suggests that playing “brain games” such as Sudoku may not prevent dementia but has been shown that regularly challenging yourself mentally seems to build up the brain’s ability to cope with the disease.
- Learn a new skill or advance your current skills- Do you know what all the buttons in the task bar of Microsoft word or excel do? Do you know what the F buttons on a keyboard are for? You may not be advanced at computers or Microsoft word or excel. However, with only fifteen minutes of training per day, you can become advanced in any computer program you like, and very fast as well. LinkedIn Learning has a multitude of training courses that can assist you in learning or developing a skill. Learning or enhancing your computer skills is just one example, there are a plethora of other skills you can learn. Learning a new skill on LinkedIn learning allows you to link the completed certificate directly on to your LinkedIn account for everyone to see.
- Social Media- If you enjoy using social media, try writing an article, reviewing something, tweeting, post a photo or respond to another person’s post. If you have Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Tiktok, Snap chat then this is a big task. The more social media accounts you have, the more onerous this can be. I have limited myself to LinkedIn as my primary social media account and have linked anything I do here with Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest. The best way I found to link everything is through my WordPress website.
- Write a blog – Writing a blog helps you to improve your writing skills, typing skills, grammar, spelling and punctuation. All critical skills to be more professional in your day to day life. There are a surfeit of blog sites you can use for free if you just want to blog. However, if you are looking to get a big following and interested in making some money. Then I suggest getting a blogging website designed especially for a sole trading business, such as http://www.wordpress.com (such as my website here).
- Read a book– Try to read something you have never read before, not just any book. Think about how choosing a book where you have no knowledge about the subject could be beneficial to your success and your personal development . Choosing a book to read that you have very little or no experience can help you to learn something new. For example, if you do not know how to start a business, read a business book. It is amazing the kinds of things you learn and the ideas that are generated when you read something you do not know anything about.
- Watch documentaries– When you watch a documentary, you often learn things you never knew about. It can be a great topic of conversation with a stranger. You could even store the facts you learn for another day in time.
- Watch a Trivia game show on TV- Watching programs like The Chase, Who wants to be a Millionaire and Hard Facts to name a few, you can sharpen your trivia question skills which believe it or not can come in handy at some random times in your life. Besides learning about things, you do not know, you feel knowledgeable when you get the answers to the questions correct.
So there you have it. Some of my top things you can do to increase your personal development, sharpen your mind, exercise your body and improve your skills.
Now it is your turn, you can use all or some of what I have suggested, or you can make up your own. If you do have some you would like to share, please comment below.
Be your Best Mentally, Physically and Emotionally